Results and Performance
School Performance and Post 16 Destination Data
Given the uneven impact of the pandemic on school and college performance data, the government has said you should not make direct comparisons between the performance data for one school or college and another, or to data from previous years.
GCSE Results Summary 2023
The data below summarises provisional key outcomes from the summer 2023 GCSE exams. There has been a return to pre-pandemic grading this summer in England. It is most meaningful to compare results to 2019, the last summer exam series before the pandemic.
Overall Attainment for English + Maths
- Percentage of students achieving grade 4 or better in English and Maths 72.4%
- Percentage of students achieving grade 5 or better in English and Maths 53%
This figure measures how much progress students make from their KS2 outcomes and their GCSE results across eight subjects, compared to other similar pupils nationally.
- Progress 8 score 0.22 (provisional DfE release)
Attainment 8 score per pupil
- Average attainment 8 score per pupil: 4.9
English Baccalaureate (EBacc)
- Percentage of students entering EBacc achieving grade 4 or better: 12.1%
- Percentage of students entering EBacc achieving grade 5 or better: 9.5%
- English Baccalaureate (EBacc) average point score (APS): 4.9
Congratulations to the class of 2023 - we wish you all the best in the future. Thank you to families for your support, and for the dedication and diligence of staff in helping students to achieve these outcomes.
Results data for 2023 released by the Department for Education can be accessed through the link here once it is available.